- Reminder: IRS To Be Closed June 14 Due to Budget and Sequester; Filing and Payment Deadlines Unchanged
- IRS (6/14) The remaining scheduled furlough days are July 5, July 22 and Aug. 30, 2013. If necessary, the IRS may announce one or two additional furlough days.
- PFP Executive Committee Exposes Proposed Standard for Financial Planners
- AICPA (6/14) CPAs who provide personal financial planning services will be interested to know that the Personal Financial Planning (PFP) Executive Committee has released an exposure draft of the proposed Statement on Standards in Personal Financial Planning Services. In addition to the existing regulatory framework for CPAs, the proposed...
- Time is Running Out for CPAs to Verify Clients’ Foreign Accounts
- AICPA (6/14) CPAs must ensure their clients are compliant with the requirement to file a Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) by June 30. This blog by tax expert Gary Howardreviews requirements, tactics for avoiding accidental noncompliance and links to IRS resources. The civil penalties for failure to file are substantial.
- IRS - Disclosure Authorization and Electronic Account Resolution retire this August
- (6/13) Due largely to low usage of e-Service’s Disclosure Authorization (DA) and Electronic Account Resolution, the IRS has decided to retire and remove the two applications effective Aug. 11.
- AL Society of CPAs June Magazine - View Online Now
- MONTGOMERY (6/13) Strategic Plan Update,
Meet the Chair - Renee Hubbard, Leadership Retreat Focuses on Future of Society,
The Tangible Property and Repair Regulations,
Income Tax Planning with Life Insurance
- FASB Endorses Three Private Company Council Proposals
- (6/10) the Financial Accounting Standards Board voted to endorse three alternatives within U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles proposed by the Private Company Council (PCC) to address concerns raised about the relevance and complexity of certain aspects of GAAP for private company stakeholders.
- AICPA Position Rescindment in Fee Arrangements for BP Oil Spill Claims
- AICPA (10/30) At the October 25, 2012 meeting of the Professional Ethics Executive Committee (PEEC), the PEEC concluded that the fee arrangement described in the Staff Position on Fee Arrangements...
- COSO Releases Updated Internal Control Framework
- AICPA (5/17) The Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) has released Internal Control–Integrated Framework 2013. COSO’s popular original internal control...
- Revised AICPA Code of Professional Conduct Exposed for Comment
- AICPA (4/26) CPAs may wish to comment on an exposure draft of a revised AICPA Code of Professional Conduct, which the AICPA Professional Ethics Executive Committee released on Apr. 15. Comments...