- Understand the general approach of installment reporting of gain (IRC 453).
- Discuss the tax consideration related to the installment sale of the stock of both S corporations and C corporations.
- Review and evaluate the law related to the installment sale of assets of either an S corporation or a C corporation, including the decision on when to liquidate the corporation.
- Analyze the tax law applicable when the installment note includes a contingent amount.
- Identify and evaluate tax planning strategies and ideas.