The ASCPA has 11 chapters throughout Alabama. Chapter membership allows you to network with CPAs in your area, remain active in the ASCPA and track industry news throughout the state. All currently scheduled events are listed below. Scroll down for each chapter's council members.
Click on the chapter event to register.
- Birmingham Young CPAs: Thursday, August 3 - Summer Social at Carrigan's Public House
- East Alabama
- North Alabama
- Northeast Alabama
- South Central Alabama (Troy area): Friday, September 8 - Accounting & Auditing Update
- Southeast Alabama
- Tuscaloosa: Thursday, August 3 - Tax Update with Lisa McKinney
- Wheeler Basin: Wednesday, August 30 - A Practical A&A Update for 2017 with Michael Brand, CPA
Birmingham Young CPAs
A subcommittee of the Birmingham Chapter of the ASCPA with FREE membership for ASCPA members. Their purpose is to unite accountants under the age of 35 in the Birmingham, AL area; To promote comradery within the profession through networking and educational events; To provide opportunities to give back to our community through community service projects; To encourage lifelong involvement with the ASCPA.
- President – John Schenk, Protective Life Insurance Company
- VP – Sara Ridgeway, Ernst & Young
- Secretary – Leslie Littrell, Forensic Strategic Solutions, Inc.
- Treasurer – Trae Zablan, Dent Moses, LLP.
- Social Chair – Caitlin Glass
- Golf Tournament Chair – Andrew Knight – Maynard Cooper & Gale
- Community Service Chair – Cassandra Ward, Jacksonville State University
- Alan Craft, Machen, McChesney & Chastain, LLP.
- Liz Springer, Auburn University
- Laura Taber, Machen, McChesney & Chastain, LLP.
- Mark Abernathy, Warren Averett
- Kyle Demeester, Beason & Nalley
- Duncan Schaefer, Anglin, Reichmann, & Armstrong, P.C.
- Simon Fox, Wilkins Miller, LLC.
- BJ Gilbert, Karen Simmons, CPA
- William D. Tucker Jr, Alabama Housing Finance Authority
- Amanda M. Benson, Aldridge, Borden & Company, P.C.
- Jordan Kendrick, Warren Averett
- Gregory Carnes, University of North Alabama
- Allison Blair, Stack & Blair, LLC.
- Amanda Barksdale, University of North Alabama
- Kathryn E. Condit, MDA Professional Group
- Marilyn H. Watson, Progress Rail Services
- Kimberly N. Stallings, Anniston Medical Clinic
South Central Alabama
- Amanda N. Paul, Troy University
- Darren P. Hipps, Gibson & Carden, LLC.
- Billy Ann Taylor, Haisten, Shipman & Wiggins, P.C.
- Ryan C. Hendrix, Bevis, Eberhart, Browning, Walker, & Stewart, CPAs, P.C.
- Andrew F. Brooks, McDaniel & Associates, P.C.
- Ben Adams, Byrd, Smalley & Adams, P.C.
- Jamey R. Thomas, CDPA, P.C.