< Return to List
Latest News Cont.
- Bill Balhoff Elected Chairman of the AICPA
- AICPA (10/23) As of October 22, William E. Balhoff is the new chairman of the AICPA’s board of directors. “CPAs take pride in doing the right thing, the right way. Clients and employers experience that quality and respond to it,” said Balhoff,...
- AL Secretary of State Issues Final Voter ID Rules
- MONTGOMERY (10/22) Secretary of State Jim Bennett Tuesday released the certified rules for Alabama’s new voter photo ID program which will go into effect for the June primaries next year.
The release and website posting follows a 35-day public...
- October Magazine - Digital Version Now Online
- MONTGOMERY (10/11) Partners Issue - Beginners Guide to Health Care Reform - AL Accountability Act
- AICPA and NASBA Release for Public Comment Proposed UAA Firm Mobility Language
- AICPA (10/11) Yesterday, the AICPA and the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy issued for public comment proposed language to amend the Uniform Accountancy Act (UAA) to provide for interstate firm mobility. The proposed changes...
- My Alabama Taxes - File your city, county and state taxes all in one spot!
- MONTGOMERY (10/1) Did you know that beginning October 1st, 2013, filing taxes in multiple places and multiple ways will be a thing of the past? The new ONE SPOT system allows for you to file your monthly county and city sales, use and rental...
- Ala Dept of Revenue release--Mark Griffin Named ADOR Chief Legal Counsel
- MONTGOMERY (9/12) News Release
Sept. 12, 2013
Mark Griffin Named ADOR Chief Legal Counsel
Montgomery—State Revenue Commissioner Julie P. Magee recently...
- IASB chair states case for leases on balance sheets
- JofA (9/10) With the comment deadline on the converged lease accounting proposal just days away, International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) Chairman Hans Hoogervorst reiterated his support for the proposal that would put leases on company...
- AICPA Speaks Up to IRS, Treasury on 3.8% Tax Applications
- AICPA (8/22) The 3.8% tax on investment income that will affect higher income individuals and some estates has wrinkles that the AICPA seeks to iron out, particularly as it applies to certain partnership payments and international tax entities....
- Free Whitepaper on Firm Top Issues
- AICPA (8/9) The 2013 PCPS CPA Firm Top Issues Commentary reports the results of the recent survey that gathered information from a wide range of practitioners in firms of different sizes to understand the critical challenges facing them.
- House committee approves bill prohibiting mandatory audit firm rotation
- JofA (7/9) The bill was introduced on April 15. It would amend the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 to prohibit the PCAOB from requiring public companies to use specific auditors or requiring the use of different auditors on a rotating...
- CFOs Largely Unaware of Pending Revenue Rule
- Compliance Week (6/25) The FASB is preparing to publish its final rule setting a new standard for accounting for revenue recognition and a recent survey of CFOs indicates that most are unaware of a major regulation coming their way.
- PFP Executive Committee Exposes Proposed Standard for Financial Planners
- AICPA (6/14) CPAs who provide personal financial planning services will be interested to know that the Personal Financial Planning (PFP) Executive Committee has released an exposure draft of the proposed Statement on Standards in Personal...
- AL Society of CPAs June Magazine - View Online Now
- MONTGOMERY (6/13) Strategic Plan Update,
Meet the Chair - Renee Hubbard, Leadership Retreat Focuses on Future of Society,
The Tangible Property and Repair Regulations,
Income Tax Planning with Life Insurance
- FASB Endorses Three Private Company Council Proposals
- (6/10) the Financial Accounting Standards Board voted to endorse three alternatives within U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles proposed by the Private Company Council (PCC) to address concerns raised about the relevance and complexity...
- AICPA Introduces New Financial Reporting Framework to Help Main Street Businesses
- AICPA (6/10) Framework offers privately owned businesses relevant, reliable, simplified reporting solution.