< Return to List
Latest News Cont.
- AICPA Introduces New Financial Reporting Framework to Help Main Street Businesses
- AICPA (6/10) Framework offers privately owned businesses relevant, reliable, simplified reporting solution.
- ADOR Rule Hearing notice--JUNE 11, JUNE 13, and JUNE 18, 2013 hearings
- MONTGOMERY (6/3) Sixteen rules will be addressed. Rule actions are needed to comply with recent law changes, new guidelines or procedures. View the proposed rule actions in detail here.Hearing dates, times, locations, and proposed rule actions...
- What’s at Stake? The CPA Profession on Federal Fiscal Responsibility-New Video Raises Awareness of Seriousness of the Nation’s Budget Deficit
- AICPA (6/3) In December 2012, the AICPA conducted an online survey of its members and found that the majority believe that cutting the federal budget deficit should be the government’s top economic priority. They also expressed concern that...
- AICPA Now Accepting Nominations for National Public Service Award
- AICPA (6/3) Many CPAs and CPA firms within the profession demonstrate outstanding public service in their immediate communities as well as at the regional and national level. To recognize these efforts, the AICPA awards a National Public Service...
- Special News Update - AICPA Spring Council 2013 Highlights
- AICPA (5/22) The three-day spring meeting of the AICPA governing Council, included professional issue updates from AICPA leadership, panel discussions on business and industry trends and diversity in the workplace, and conversations with CPA...
- COSO Releases Updated Internal Control Framework
- AICPA (5/17) The Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) has released Internal Control–Integrated Framework 2013. COSO’s popular original internal control framework, released in 1992, was accepted by the SEC as a...
- State and Local Tax Alert: Alabama DOR Issues Controversial Local Nexus Regulation
- BRADLEY ARANT (5/15) The Alabama Department of Revenue has issued a proposed regulation that will dramatically change the rules of nexus with respect to intra-state sales of goods and products, repealing a nearly 40 year old regulation that has...
- Jeff Patterson: The Alabama Taxpayers' Newsletter
- MONTGOMERY (5/15)
ADOR Questions Partnerships Regarding Add-Back Statute, LLC Owes Income Tax For Failing To File Composite Return, Did Obamacare Tax Violate Our Constitution’s “Origination” Clause? Legal Constraints On Private Auditing Are...
- Revised AICPA Code of Professional Conduct Exposed for Comment
- AICPA (4/26) CPAs may wish to comment on an exposure draft of a revised AICPA Code of Professional Conduct, which the AICPA Professional Ethics Executive Committee released on Apr. 15. Comments are due by Aug. 15. The code has been restructured...
- The AICPA Auditing Standards Board has issued the final exposure draft as part of the clarity project.
- AICPA (4/26) All other standards are in effect for 2012 year-end audits.
- Financial Accounting Foundation Names Russell G. Golden Chairman of FASB
- Norwalk, CT (4/23) The appointment was made by the Board of Trustees of the Financial Accounting Foundation (FAF), which oversees the FASB and its sister organization, the Governmental Accounting Standards Board. Mr. Golden will succeed current...
- Plain-English Accounting 2nd Qtr Webinar
- MONTGOMERY (4/17) Earn 2-hours of accounting and auditing CPE credits at your desktop on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 [1:00 – 3:00 Central Time]. The 2013 second quarter webinar will be presented by Tom Ratcliffe.
- Status of Federal and State Acknowledgments
- MONTGOMERY (4/17) Due to the significant increase in federal and state submissions transmitted on April 15th, the length of time to create federal acknowledgments and make them available for retrieval is taking longer than expected. The IRS is...
- IRS Penalty Relief Available to Some Storm Victims Unable to File on Time
- WASHINGTON (4/15) The IRS announced today that it will provide penalty relief to anyone unable to file on time due to severe storms in parts of the South and Midwest over the past few days.
Power outages and transportation problems are, in some...
- Last Minute Tax Issues - Weather Issues
- AICPA (4/15)
April storms have become the norm, and this year is no exception. Ed Karl, AICPA VP of Taxation, has talked to the IRS. The IRS is in contact with FEMA, and is following the storm activity closely, along with its effects on...