The primary goal of the ASCPA Educational Foundation is to attract the best and brightest individuals into the profession of accounting. Founded in 1967, the Foundation has been supported by financial contributions of ASCPA members, corporations and from the proceeds of the Annual Charity Golf Tournament. With dedicated leadership and responsible investment strategies, your Foundation has helped students in every accredited accounting program in Alabama.Educational Foundation Board of Trustees
- Gerald Pentecost, Chair, Gerald G. Pentecost, CPA
- Lynne Bozeman, Richard, Harris, Ingram & Bozeman
- Dr. Lowell Broom, Samford University
- Jamey Carroll, BMSS
- Marc Hamilton, CDG Engineers
- Keina Houser, Alabama Education Association
- Kevin Cook, Kassouf & Co
- Karen Moore, Peace Bevill Leesburg & Moore
- Amanda Paul, Troy University
Contributions to the Educational Foundation are deductible as Charitable Contributions.
Contributions or gifts to the Alabama Society are not tax deductible as Charitable Contributions for Federal or State Income Tax Purposes. However, annual membership renewal payments may be deductible by members as an ordinary and necessary business expense. 10% of your membership renewal is a non-deductible lobbying expense.